Here is a scenario: You visit nuke your lukewarm coffee, which you forgot about while you’re walking the dog/making the children’s lunch/scrolling on Instagram. You open your microwave and — eek! — it is a hot mess in the marketplace. You will find grease splatters, dried tomato sauce blobs, and you are not sure exactly what else. You would like a clean microwave, however, you want hot coffee.
The great news: You can have your microwave clean itself while you enjoy your morning! You merely need some water and vinegar and around 10 minutes and presto, clean-o. Tomorrow Morning You may love Today You!
Why Vinegar Is the Key to a sterile Microwave
There are actually a couple of distinct methods to clean your microwave, but vinegar is a simple (and economical ) way to get the work done with no elbow grease. The main reason vinegar works are as it is acidic. In reality, it’s so acidic — for you science geeks out there, distilled white vinegar has a pH about 2.4. — it has to be diluted with water.
Vinegar’s acidity enables it to handle all kinds of yucky messes, such as adhesive residue, soap scum, hard water stains, and anything splatter is about the inside of the microwave — particularly when combined with steam, which will help soften and loosen the gunk that looks like it is a permanent fixture.
Prepared to acquire cleaning? Here is the step-by-step manual.
The Way To Clean a Microwave with Vinegar
What You Will Need
- Little microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup
- sterile, dry dish towel or cleaning rag
- Quantify the water and the vinegar: Measure about two cups of water and two tbsp of vinegar into a microwave-safe measuring cup or jar.
- Microwave for 5 min: Put the bowl in the microwave.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes: Don’t open the microwave door immediately; the steam trapped indoors can help loosen food gunk. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently remove the bowl and turntable: Open the door and remove the measuring cup or jar. If your microwave has a turntable, lift it out also.
- Use a sponge to wash your microwave wash: Scrub the interior of the microwave wash, beginning with all the ceiling along with the sides — and do not forget the doorway!
- Scrub the turntable: In case you took it out, wipe the turntable with your sponge and place it back.
- Use a clean dish towel to present your microwave a closing wipe-down. Examine the entire microwave — ceiling, door, turntable — along with your dish towel and you are all set to go!